Volunteers are a key resource for implementation of the Better Connections Program. They create a connection between workers and program partners, deliver training sessions to workers to help in their inclusion into digital society and help in problem solving. The Better Connection Program is looking to recruit 500 volunteers during 2017 – 2019 to take part in the program.
We are looking for two different profiles of volunteers:
· Technical volunteers, who will take role in supporting contractors participating in the program in setting up ICT facilities for their workers and assess technical readiness of each facility to start operations and the training. As well as refurbishing the computers and install the necessary applications to be ready for the migrant workers use.
· Training volunteers, who will deliver basic training to selected migrant workers (called “digital champions”) and empower them to cascade the knowledge to their peers from the same
After registering for the program volunteers will receive invitation for the training session. Volunteers will have to attend a one-day training, which will be delivered on Friday. Following the training session volunteers will be assigned to the ICT facilities (as site assessors or trainers). We would expect each volunteer to commit to assessing or delivering training to minimum 2 sites. Estimated time commitment to finalize the technical site assessment is between half a day and one day (it can be done either during the weekend or in the afternoon/evening during the week). Estimated time commitment for training volunteer in one site is two days (Fridays or national vacations).
Why to volunteer for Batter Connections program?
Our volunteers choose to support the Better Connections for a variety of reasons. For some it offers the chance to give something back to the community or make a difference to the people from the same country or community. For others it provides an opportunity to develop new skills or build on existing experience and knowledge. Regardless of the motivation, what unites them all is that they find it both challenging and rewarding.
Who can apply?
· Volunteers should be older than 18 years of age
· Volunteers should be able to arrange their own transportation to attend training sessions and for trips to labor accommodation site
· Volunteers should have basic ICT skills.
· Volunteers performing technical roles (site assessors) should be able to speak English
Volunteers delivering training should be able to speak one or more of the following languages: Hindi, Nepali, Bengali, Sinhala, Tamil, Urdu, Filipino, in addition to English.A previous experience in training or coaching would be an advantage.
Please contact us
Training for volunteers is scheduled once a month. Once you register for this activity, the Better Connection team will contact and inform youof the training session’s dates. If you are not available, you will be invited to join the following month.